Pinnacles Mitts uses a single skein of Peerie, Brooklyn Tweed’s fingering weight, 100% American Merino yarn. A nod to the pinnacles that crown the bowl at Mt. Bachelor, these mitts are a quick and easy knit featuring twisted stitches that you are sure to love! Usnea is the scientific name of Old Man’s Beard. No, not the one your uncle wears on his face, but the lichen hanging in our glorious Pacific Northwest forests. Usnea Cowl is crocheted in a single skein of Lang Linello, a plant-based, gradient dyed one skein wonder project. We hope you enjoy!
Purchase a passport either in our Bend, Oregon brick & mortar shop or online right here and you’ll receive a download link for a free copy of these two sweet patterns. Already have a passport in your hands? Just make any purchase in our web shop and verify that you are already a Slow Crawl Passport holder by checking the little box at the bottom of the checkout page.
For current Slow Crawl Passport holders, no purchase is necessary to receive the pattern codes when you visit a shop in person! Just bring your passport and your smile and we will hook you up! Just another great reason to #visitbend – as if you need one.
How to Crawl:
- Purchase a souvenir passport.
- Place your photo in the front of the passport and print your name, email, and phone number beneath it. *
- Crawl from May 27 through Sept. 5, 2022 in-person or virtually (virtual visits must make a purchase to qualify).**, ***
- Enter the Experience Challenge. Post a photo of a completed Experience on social media and use the tag #2022SYCExperience for a special prize drawing. Every Experience post will earn an entry in the drawing. A list of Experiences for the Challenge is in your passport.
- Enter your name at every shop visited for the 3 prize drawings. Winners will be announced by Sept. 13, 2022.
- Visit every store in a Region and have your passport stamped/stickered to be entered for the Regional Prize Drawing. You may visit more than one Region and be entered in each Region’s drawing. Winners will be announced by Sept. 20, 2022.
- Visit every yarn shop on the list between the crawl dates and have your passport stamped/ stickered to be entered for 3 Grand Prize Baskets with goodies donated by all of the shops in the crawl. Winners will be announced by Sept. 20, 2022
- Download your patterns and submit your entry for Regional Prize Baskets on the www.slowcrawl.com website by Sept. 13, 2022.
- Those who finish the crawl will also receive a special “crawl prize.” This prize is usually mailed 2-3 weeks after finishing the crawl****
*In-store you MUST BE PRESENT for your passport to be stamped. You will not be able to have your passport stamped unless your photo is in the front or you provide photo ID that matches your name in ink in the front of your passport. (This applies to everyone and school IDs work for minors. Parents may vouch for children without IDs. Your name, phone number, and email are never collected without your permission and parents may use their phone number and email in a child’s passport.)
**Any purchases during the Slow Crawl dates from participating shops by crawlers count as a “virtual visit” on the Slow Yarn Crawl couch crawl.
*** Each shop has different hours. Be sure to check shop hours BEFORE making plans. You might need to call or email a shop to make an appointment before setting out for a visit. Special closure dates are listed on the www.slowcrawl.com website.
**** We believe in protecting your privacy and will not list those who finish the crawl. You may reveal as much or little of your journey as you would decide.