Event Phone: 541-323-8686
- Tuesday Night Hat Club - March - Session 2
March 26, 2019
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Time: Tuesdays, March 12 & 26th from 5:30-7pm
Join our monthly Tuesday night hat club and become a master haberdasher! There is a hat for every head, and most hats can be modified to fit just the way you like, so take the plunge and whip up a toque, tam, beanie, or bonnet!
For March, our first hat will be the knitted February Hat from Kelbourne Woolens’ free Year of Hats series. It uses the delightful new all-American wool, Germantown, a worsted weight dyed-in-the-wool yarn. While any worsted weight yarn will work, we recommend a true solid color without heathering to make the textured stitches shine.
Bonus lesson in this class: how to make a perfect pompom!
- Pattern: February Hat by Kelbourne Woolens, available on Ravelry or in the shop.
- 1 skein Germantown from Kelbourne Woolens, or approx. 220 yards worsted weight wool yarn
- US G (4mm) crochet hook 16” (40 cm)
- US 4 (3.5 mm) circular for ribbing 16” (40 cm)
- US 6 (4 mm) circular for body
- Set of US 6 (4 mm) DPNs or long circular needle in US 6 for top of hat
- Waste yarn (smooth, mercerized cotton in DK or worsted is best, but any yarn will work)
- Optional for second session: Pompom maker for a 2-3″ diameter pom, or two pieces of plain cardboard and scissors, plus approximately one yard strong cotton or silk yarn or string
Casting on, knitting in the round, alternating between knit and purl in the same round
Instructor: Jen Albert
Venue: Fancywork Yarn Shop