Time: Tuesdays, April 2 & 16th from 5:30-7pm
Join our monthly Tuesday night hat club and become a master habberdasher! There is a hat for every head, and most hats can be modified to fit just the way you like, so take the plunge and whip up a toque, tam, beanie, or bonnet!
April’s hat pattern is Norby by the talented and versatile Gudrun Johnston. This one-size-fits-all, one-color toque features a garter stitch brim, stockinette and garter chevrons, and cute tassels to finish the top. It calls for one skein of Brooklyn Tweed Loft, but ANY fingering weight yarn works in this pattern – single, plied, variegated, solid, heathered, speckled, or self-striping!
- Pattern: Norby by Gudrun Johnston, available on Ravelry or in the shop.
- US 4 (3.5mm) 16″ circular
- Set of double-pointed needles or longer circular for magic loop
- 1 skein Brooklyn Tweed Loft, or approximately 270 yards fingering weight yarn
- Optional for second session: For tassels bring one pencil or straight knitting needle, scissors, and patience! They are fun and we’ll partner up to make it easier, along with Jen’s secret weapon!
Casting on, knitting in the round, knitting and purling
Instructor: Jen Albert
Venue: Fancywork Yarn Shop