Gather your yarn posse, pack the car and fill up the tank! The Slow Yarn Crawl PNW is the perfect way to explore new yarn shops and have a whole bunch of summer fun. Spread over three months in the glorious Oregon and Washington summer, the Slow Yarn Crawl PNW encompasses the best parts of every yarn crawl: patterns, games, prizes, and lots of yarn shops! With 23 participating yarn shops, each beloved by their local fiber community, and each sporting their own unique flavor, you’re sure to discover plenty of new favorites and maybe even some hidden gems.
How to Crawl
- Buy a souvenir passport at any participating shop.
- Crawl goes from June 1 through August 31, 2018
- Visit every store in a region and have your passport stamped to be entered for the Regional Prize Drawing. You may visit more than one region or all of the shops and be entered in each region’s drawing.
- Visit every yarn shop on the list between the crawl dates and have your passport stamped to be entered for a Grand Prize Basket with goodies donated by all of the shops in the crawl.
- Enter your name at every shop visited for the Shop Prize Basket Drawing. Those who finish the crawl will also receive a special “Crawl Prize.”
Each shop will have a shop exclusive pattern available. This pattern will be free with the purchase of a passport for the Slow Yarn Crawl PNW between the dates listed. Show your passport at each shop you visit to receive your free pattern. Individual patterns may be purchased after the crawl ends. Fancywork’s pattern is A Little Less Slouch Hat designed by our very own, Isla Grounds. See a sample of this gorgeous hat in the shop, knit up in Manos del Uruguay, Alegria Grande.
Slow Yarn Crawl MKAL/MCAL
What is more fun than working on a new pattern with each shop you visit? Visit each shop to receive a special MKAL/MCAL clue to make the next part of your project. Each clue will be unique to the shop so every project will be just that little bit different. Don’t worry if you can’t make it to all of the shops. Whether you make it to 4 or 24, this pattern will give you enough pieces to make a fun cowl or scarf.
Join the Games
Slow Crawl games will be available periodically at each of the shops. Play a Slow Crawl game for an extra entry in the prize basket drawing for each shop. Games will be offered at least once a month at each shop and are subject to the shop’s rules. Games may be as simple as attending a trunk show and answering a question or playing “I Spy” in the shop, you’ll just have to play along to find out!