Event Phone: 541-323-8686
- May 24, 2019 - September 2, 2019
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Gather your yarn posse, pack the car and fill up the tank! The Slow Yarn Crawl PNW is the perfect way to explore the Pacific Northwest, local yarn shops and have a whole bunch of summer fun! Spread over three months in the glorious Oregon, Washington and Idaho summer, the Slow Yarn Crawl PNW encompasses the best parts of every yarn crawl: patterns, games, prizes, and lots of yarn shops! With 35 participating yarn shops, each beloved by their local fiber community, and each sporting their own unique flavor, you’re sure to discover plenty of new favorites and maybe even some hidden gems.
How to Crawl
- Purchase a souvenir passport at any participating yarn shop.
- Place your photo in the front of the passport and print your name, email, and phone number beneath it. Please note: You MUST BE PRESENT for your passport to be stamped. You will not be able to have your passport stamped unless your photo is in the front or you provide photo ID that matches your name in the front of your passport.
- Crawl from May 24 through Sept. 2, 2019
- Enter your name at every shop visited for the Shop Prize Basket drawing.
- Visit every store in a region and have your passport stamped to be entered for the Regional Prize Drawing. You may visit more than one region or all of the shops and be entered in each region’s drawing.
- Visit every yarn shop on the list between the crawl dates and have your passport stamped to be entered for a Grand Prize Basket with goodies donated by all of the shops in the crawl.
- Those who finish the crawl will also receive a special “crawl prize.”
Each shop will have a shop exclusive pattern available. This pattern will be free with purchase of passport for the Slow Crawl- PNW between the dates listed. Show your passport at each shop you visit to receive your free pattern. Individual patterns may be purchased after the crawl ends. Fancywork has two patterns this year: Elevenfold, designed by Janet Nelson and . See a sample of this gorgeous hat in the shop, knit up in Manos del Uruguay, Alegria Grande.
Slow Yarn Crawl MKAL/MCAL
What is more fun than working on a new pattern with each shop you visit? Visit each shop to receive a special MKAL/MCAL clue to make the next part of your project. Each clue will be unique to the shop so every project will be just that little bit different. Don’t worry if you can’t make it to all of the shops. Whether you make it to 4 or 24, this pattern will give you enough pieces to make a fun cowl or scarf.
Join the Games
Slow Crawl games will be available periodically at the shops. Play a Slow Crawl game for an extra entry in the prize basket drawing for each shop. Games will be offered at least once a month at each shop and are subject to the shop’s rules. Games may be as simple as attending a trunk show and answering a question or playing “I Spy” in the shop, you’ll just have to play along to find out!
Venue: Fancywork Yarn Shop