Date: Tuesdays, April 7 & 14, from 1 to 3 pm
I mean… this bonnet!!! The cuteness just doesn’t stop! Create your own darling baby bonnet and add several notches to your colorwork skillset at the same time. Sharpen your stranded colorwork skills, hone the art of following charts, double down on decreasing for shaping and, EEK, LEARN TO STEEK! Working a small project such as the Merriment Bonnet will allow us to practice a whole slew of colorwork skills in a short amount of time. In the end, you’ll have the most adorable little bonnet for either your own sweet one, or the perfect gift for the next fresh little bundle that comes around. Bonus: there’s are matching cardigan patterns for both wee ones and those all grown up! Join us for what’s sure to be a wildly fun class!
- Yarn: We recommend Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok for this project.
- Three skeins of worsted weight yarn: one main color and two contrasting colors.
- 10 yards of a lighter weight, highly contrasting color for stabilizing your steek.
- Pattern: Merriment Bonnet by Melynda Bernardi, available in the shop via Ravelry In-Store Sales
- Needles: 16-inch circulars in sizes US 4 and US 6, plus a set of US6 DPNs. Alternatively to DPNs, you can use a longer circular needle for Magic Loop. Magic Loop technique will not be taught in this class.)
- Crochet Hook, close to a size E. You will use this for stabilizing the steek.
- Basic Knitting Tools: stitch markers, tapestry needle and sharp scissors.
Prerequisite skills: Students need to be comfortable knitting circular and somewhat comfortable using a crochet hook.
Instructor: Kris Redmond
Please be sure to read our Class Policies before registering.
A friendly note about parking: In consideration of our good neighbors, we ask that, if you are able, please park on the surrounding streets if you plan to be in the shop for an extended period of time. We appreciate your consideration.
Venue: Fancywork Yarn Shop