Event Phone: 541-323-8686
- Cocoknits Sweater Workshop - Session 1
October 26, 2019
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Cocoknits Sweater Workshop - Session 2
October 27, 2019
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Knit the perfect fit! This 2-day, 8-hour intensive workshop showcases Julie Weisenberger’s renowned method of top-down, set-in sleeve sweater construction – the Cocoknits Method. This innovative, step-by-step method features French-tailored shoulders and set-in sleeves, plus a plan to adjust the yoke and bust as needed for the perfect-for-you fit every time. The Cocoknits Method is a unique and fun way to knit a sweater that is just right for all body types.
This workshop will be led by our professional knitting instructor, Kris Redmond, and we will be joined by “virtual Julie” at times thanks to her helpful video series. Taught over two, four-hour sessions, October 26 & 27 from 10am-2pm, this format will allow time to practice techniques and work on the sweater between classes.
We will meet at the Audubon Room at The Environmental Center, located at 16 NW Kansas Ave. in Bend. Coffee, tea and nibbles will be provided. Please bring a brown bag lunch. In partnership with the Environmental Center, we strongly encourage all participants to make a conscious effort to prevent waste and produce as few recyclables, compostables, and trash as possible. Please consider this when packing your lunch for the day. Early sign-up is suggested as there are a limited number of seats available for the class.
All participants in the workshop should have previously completed at least one sweater. To prepare for the workshop, purchase the Cocoknits Sweater Workshop book (available at Fancywork) and choose a sweater to knit. Either Emma or Molly is recommended, however any sweater in the book will work. Choose yarn and circular needles to match the gauge you have chosen. (Please read the description for the needle requirements listed at the beginning of your pattern.)
Cocoknits stitch markers will be provided and are yours to keep!
- Book: Cocoknits Sweater Workshop by Julie Weisenberger
- Yarn in yardage required to knit your preferred Cocoknits sweater at stated gauge
- All appropriate needles for your chosen pattern
- 40” circular needle in the same size as your gauge needle for working Modified Magic Loop (optional)
- DPNs or small-circumference circular needle in US 0-3 (2-3.5mm) range for picking up stitches
- Paper and pencil
- Flexible stitch holders or waste yarn for putting sleeve stitches on hold
- Scrap yarn for practicing techniques (optional)
- Make a gauge swatch approximately 5″x 5″ square in stockinette stitch with your yarn, getting a gauge of 3-3.5 stitches/inch per the pattern. Be sure to wash & block your gauge swatch and dry completely prior to measuring.
- Practice the KLL, KRL, PLL and PRL increases. Instructions are included in the back of the Cocoknits Sweater Workshop book. Technique videos can be found on the Cocoknits YouTube channel.
- Have clear knowledge of the long tail cast on method.