Knit a sweater in 4 days??? YES, YOU CAN!!!! Or at least, that’s the idea. This 4th annual 4-Day Knitalong, hosted by Oregon-based designer Marie Greene, gathers thousands of knitters from around the world in pursuit of a simple, common goal – to finish a sweater more quickly than they thought they could! And it helps yarn shops and the companies/dyers who supply them weather an otherwise slow time of year. The 4-Day KAL builds community and instills confidence in even the newest sweater knitters. So, make this your year to knit a sweater in record time!
Speaking of records… this year’s pattern is aptly named Soundtrack. This size-inclusive, circular yoke pullover is designed with a unisex fit and boasts finished measurements of 32 in – 64 in/80-160 cm (chest/bust). Pre-order the pattern now and start swatching. The full pattern will magically appear in your Ravelry library on July 1st so you cast on and start knitting your own summer soundtrack! The KAL runs July 1st through August 1st.
What you need to know: The Soundtrack pattern recommends a DK or light worsted weight wool (Helloooo, Pishkun !!!) and is knit to a gauge of 21 sts over 4 in/10 cm on a US 5/3.75mm needle in stockinette stitch, blocked.
Here’s how to KAL:
- Subscribe to Olive Knits’ newsletter to get all of the latest announcements about the KAL.
- Join the Olive Knits Student Lounge private Facebook community here.
- Head on into the shop to grab your copy of the pattern and yarn for your sweater. Find our yarn recommendations here or come in for a color consult Tuesday – Saturday 10am-4pm. We love curating perfect color combos!
- Start swatching so you’re ready to cast on when the starting gun goes off!
- Cast on July 1st and start knitting.
- Remember to get up and stretch every so often (or when your beverage runs dry).
- Get inspiration, knitting support and cheer on your fellow knitters online in the Olive Knits Knitters’ Lounge.
- Bind that baby off in record time and celebrate! YOU DID IT! (We always knew you could.)