Event Phone: 541-323-8686
- 4-Day Sweater KAL Cast On Party
July 3, 2019
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- 4-Day Sweater KAL Bind Off Celebration
July 18, 2019
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Are you up for a challenge? Last year, countless knitters across the globe were challenged by a simple “what if,” posed by Marie Greene of Olive Knits to cast on and knit a beautiful cardigan – The Beekeeper – in a brief window of four days. Get ready for some speed knitting and (nearly) instant gratification because the 4-Day Sweater KAL is back again! This time we’re doing a little dance with the Foxtrot Cardigan!
Here’s how to KAL with Fancywork and Olive Knits:
- Subscribe to Olive Knits’ newsletter to get all of the latest announcements about the KAL.
- Head on in to the shop to grab your copy of this year’s pre-order packet and yarn for your sweater. Our in-store yarn recommendations are Spun Right Round Worsted, Malabrigo Rios, Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok, Swan’s Island Company Natural Colors Worsted or Sterling Collection Worsted, Kelbourne Woolens Germantown, Brooklyn Tweed Shelter, or Mirasol Umiña.
- Start swatching so you’re ready to cast on when the starting gun goes off!
- Join us at Fancywork on July 3rd, from 1-3 pm for a Cast On Party! (The shop will be closed for the July 4th party, so we’re celebrating a wee bit early – don’t worry, this won’t disqualify you from any prizes!)
- Get inspiration, knitting support and cheer on your fellow knitters online in the Olive Knits Knitters’ Lounge.
- Join us in the shop again on July 18th from 1-3pm for a 4-Day Sweater KAL Bind Off Party to celebrate your amazing achievement and general awesomeness.
- Get (nearly instant gratification in the form of a brand new sweater you made yourself in record time!
- WIN PRIZES!!!
Venue: Fancywork Yarn Shop