Gather your yarn posse, pack the car and…. errr… hold that thought!
While the Slow Yarn Crawl PNW is the perfect way to explore the yarn shops of the Pacific Northwest, it’s making a few changes this year. Yes, the Slow Yarn Crawl PNW is still on, but it is changing with the times. As of this writing on Memorial Day weekend, the state of Oregon is still under an emergency executive order to stay close to home. We hope you’ll visit us in Bend later this summer once that order has been lifted and it’s safe to travel.
Fancywork is currently open for shopping by appointment only. Make an appointment right here.
For those staying close to home and those outside of Central Oregon, consider a “Couch Crawl!” Whether you are located in Florida, Maine, or Washington, you can participate in the crawl online. So gather your posse, grab your computer and… visit some shops online instead! How about a Zoom call with your friends? Share your screen to “ooh” and “ahh” together at the lovely yarn and free Slow Crawl patterns available at every shop.
How to Crawl:
- Purchase a souvenir passport here. Your passport purchase from Fancywork gets you a copy of our Slow Crawl pattern for free! A PDF of the pattern will automatically download after you checkout. The passport itself will be mailed to you.
- Once you get your passport, place your photo in the front where indicated and print your name, email, and phone number beneath it.
- Visit shops online from May 22 through Sept. 7, 2020 and in-person once allowed. Virtual visits must make a purchase to qualify. Read more here.
- Enter the Experience Challenge! A list of Experiences for the Challenge is in your passport. Post a photo of a completed Experience on social media and use the tag #2020SYCExperience for a special prize drawing. Every Experience post will earn an entry in the drawing.
- Enter your name at every shop visited – in-store or online – for the Shop Prize Basket drawing and gift certificate drawings. Winners will be announced by Sept. 15, 2020.
- Visit every store in a Region and have your passport stamped to be entered for the Regional Prize Drawing. You may visit more than one Region and be entered in each Region’s drawing. Winners will be announced Sept. 20, 2020.
- Visit every yarn shop on the list between the crawl dates and have your passport stamped to be entered for 2 Grand Prize Baskets with goodies donated by all of the shops in the crawl! Winners will be announced Sept. 20, 2020
- Those who finish the crawl will also receive a special “crawl prize!”
For the full details, visit www.slowcrawl.com.
Each shop will have a shop exclusive pattern available. Slow Crawl 2020 patterns are free with the purchase of a Slow Crawl passport between the dates listed. Show your passport at each shop you visit, or make a purchase at a participating shop online to receive a download code for your free pattern. Individual patterns may be purchased after the crawl ends.
Fancywork’s Slow Crawl pattern is Marrakesh Cowl, designed by Elise Jones. This colorwork cowl was inspired by the rich textiles and ornate architecture of the Islamic world. It is a cozy fun knit that whips up quickly thanks to DK weight Arbor from Brooklyn Tweed. Grab a kit to make your very own Marrakesh Cowl here!
Happy armchair traveling, Slow Crawlers!
Venue: Fancywork Yarn Shop